Employees certainly expect devices in their workplace in addition to meeting the needs of functional speed with consumer experiences, with accessibility and the ability to remain productive. AMD can answer all of that.
The pandemic, which is still ongoing, makes it almost certain that all aspects of business are turning to remote work. These indicators indicate the creation of a new normal, but does your organization have the right tools to accommodate this new normal without reducing worker productivity?
Before COVID-19, research IDC indicates that 62% of the surveyed organizations have started adapting to the flexibility of remote working. Unfortunately, there are still many who do not realize the importance of the right infrastructure to be prepared so that it can support the productivity of remote workers. Other findings based on the IDC report show:
- More than half of respondents have difficulty communicating or collaborating with internal colleagues
- 43% have difficulty communicating or collaborating with external stakeholders
- Nearly 40% have limited remote access effectiveness
Choosing the right PC or laptop platform can answer this remote work challenge. AMD Ryzen ™ PRO 4000 series processors, in various OEM partner platform reputable, designed to meet key company requirements. AMD Ryzen ™ PRO 4000 series processors allow users to collaborate effectively with colleagues and meet work demands seamlessly from a remote workplace.
Increase Worker Productivity
Experience from consumers makes employees have high expectations for their devices that are accessible and support productivity. The AMD Ryzen PRO 4000 family offers up to eight cores and 16 threads – the most on any business mobile processor for ultra thin notebooks(1) – which makes it 33% faster than competitive chip-based systems, according to AMD performance testing.(2)
The AMD Ryzen PRO 4000 system also scores high marks for accelerating the performance of today's business applications. This is a huge advantage for the “mega tasker”, or worker with a wide range of tasks handled from video conferencing meetings to multiple PowerPoint presentations and spreadsheets.
Source: AMD. Results may vary.
The AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U platform offers up to 37% faster performance in running Microsoft Office on the PCMark 10 Application benchmark compared to the previous generation Ryzen 7 PRO 3700U processor.(3). In addition, the same AMD platform also offers up to 19% faster Microsoft Word performance, up to 77% faster Excel performance, and up to 27% faster PowerPoint performance than the previous generation.
Battery life is another important element for increasing productivity when working from home or on the go. The Ryzen 4000 series processors, built on advanced 7nm technology and the “Zen 2” architecture allow for incredible power savings and performance-per-watt up to 2X the previous generation of processors. (4) Evidently, the AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U processor offers up to 24 hours of battery life. (5)
Turn on Team Collaboration
With many employees still working from home, the necessary communication support systems are essential for remote collaboration. Applications like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex and others are essential for working remotely. To that end, HP EliteBook and Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks powered by the AMD Ryzen PRO 4000 processor incorporate high-end webcams and privacy to support true collaboration. The graphics capabilities of AMD's premium chip lineup also ensure employees remain productive using digital media.
Protection of Company Information
The security threat increases when switching to remote work. Data breaches have increased 3X from 2018, laptops are stolen every 53 seconds, and 80% of the costs associated with losing laptops can be directly attributed to data breaches. (6)
The impact of COVID-19 has increased safety concerns: CSO Survey found 61% of respondents were concerned about attacks targeting employees working from home.
The Ryzen PRO 4000 processor features AMD PRO security, a layered security approach that includes silicon and firmware-grade security features in addition to AMD Memory Guard, which uses system memory encryption to help reduce the threat of physical memory attacks even when the laptop is left in standby mode. AMD PRO Security complements Windows 10's security capabilities, including Windows Device Guard and sign-on enhancements.
Remote Expense Management Solutions
The Information Technology (IT) Department is already very limited – and supports remote users who have additional workloads. The AMD Ryzen PRO 4000 series processors, which include AMD PRO management, are designed to simplify and streamline the management process. Support for Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a unified enpoint cloud-based management platform that combines Microsoft Intune and Configuration Manager, helps IT personnel save time for remote support.
In an era of unprecedented change, organizations or companies need a level of flexibility and powerful performance from PCs and laptops. Systems that offer the AMD Ryzen PRO 4000 series processors strike the right balance between increasing worker productivity and lightening the burden on your IT personnel, while keeping security features first.
To learn more visit:
THIS BLOG IS SPONSORED BY AMD.
(1) Testing as of 1/24/2020 by AMD Performance Labs on a Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U (AMD Reference Platform) vs. i7-10710U (Dell XPS 13). Results may vary. RNP-11
(2) Testing as of 1/24/2020 by AMD Performance Labs on a Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U (AMD Reference Platform) vs. i7-10710U (Dell XPS 13). Results may vary. RNP-11
(3) Testing as of 1/24/2020 by AMD Performance Labs on a Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U Reference Platform vs. Ryzen 7 PRO 3700U (HP EliteBook 745 G6). PCMark is a registered trademark of Futuremark Corporation. Results may vary. RNP-6
(4) Based on AMD internal analysis and testing by AMD Performance Labs as of 11/22/2019 utilizing the Ryzen ™ 7 4800U vs. 2nd Gen Ryzen ™ 7 3700U in Cinebench R20 Benchmark. Results may vary. RM3-123
(5) A properly configured HP EliteBook 835 G7 with AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U Processor, gets up to 24 hours of MM14 battery life: https://press.hp.com/us/en/press-releases/2020/hp-provides-ultimate -office-experience-at-home.html Actual battery life will vary based on several factors, including, but not limited to: system configuration and software, settings, product use and age, and operating conditions. AMD has not independently tested or verified the battery life claim. See www.bapco.com for additional details. RNP-28
Please note that the footnotes and numbering have been updated across this article